Project Cook chops RBS down to size (ft.com)
- UPDATE 4-Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal Thursday-officials (reuters.com)
- Harley-Davidson woos affluent young Indians with bike culture (reuters.com)
- Carlyle-Vitol joint venture looks to buy European refining assets (reuters.com)
- U.S. FTC sues Gerber over health claims in baby formula ads (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 3-Invesco profit rises 12.2 percent, beats Wall Street forecast (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 4-Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay" (reuters.com)
- U.S. SEC wants to distribute $602 mln SAC settlement to victims (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard profit beats driven by international business (reuters.com)
- MF Global agrees to settle platinum, palladium manipulation claims (reuters.com)
- Weaker rouble brings Russian wheat back to export markets (reuters.com)
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:35:51 GMT – * Shares fall as much as 4 pct (Adds details, share movement)
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:01:47 GMT – * Dow up 0.8 pct, S&P 500 up 0.2 pct, Nasdaq down 0.2 pct
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:02:52 GMT – MIAMI, Oct 30 (Reuters) – Lawyers for U.S. consumers asked a federal judge in Miami on Thursday to speed up a class action lawsuit against Japanese auto parts maker Takata Corp and four automakers, saying that public safety was at stake over defective air bags.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:52:25 GMT – CALGARY, Alberta, Oct 30 (Reuters) – Suncor Energy Inc will look regularly at the economics of shipping Western Canadian crude from the country’s East Coast to markets overseas, Chief Executive Officer Steve Williams said on Thursday.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:53:48 GMT – TORONTO, Oct 30 (Reuters) – Seven Generations Energy is set to raise C$810 million ($723 million) via an initial public offering that priced at the lower end of a previously anticipated range, according to regulatory documents.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:58:38 GMT – HOUSTON, Oct 30 (Reuters) – Marathon Petroleum Corp. on Thursday posted third- quarter net income of $672 million, a 75 percent jump from the same period a year earlier, as cheap inland crudes from the shale revolution boost the profits of U.S. refiners.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:59:22 GMT – (Adds details, background on Zambia, China appointment, debt target)
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:47:05 GMT – MOSCOW, Oct 30 (Reuters) – Russian oil-to-telecoms group Sistema, controlled by billionaire Vladimir Yevtushenkov, said on Thursday it disagreed with a court decision to seize its shares in oil company Bashneft and was considering an appeal.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:47:40 GMT – WINNIPEG, Manitoba, Oct 30 (Reuters) – Cargill Ltd said on Thursday that it will close its Swan River, Manitoba grain facility, which includes two elevators, as of May 31, 2015.
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:48:34 GMT – NEW YORK, Oct 30 (Reuters) – Trading firm KCG Holdings Inc , which reported a third quarter loss on Thursday, said it may sell its electronic foreign exchange trading venue, Hotspot, as regulatory pressures in the FX market may make the unit more attractive to potential buyers.