Project Cook chops RBS down to size (ft.com)
- Japan's Cosmo Oil buys U.S. condensate for 1st time-source (reuters.com)
- Meat supplier in China food scandal grew with McDonald's (reuters.com)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol will not adopt STAR technology to boost oil output (reuters.com)
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares edge higher, wary ahead of China factory survey (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 2-Bombardier to cut 1,800 jobs, aerospace head retires (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 2-Wal-Mart loses bid to keep documents on bribery probe from shareholder (reuters.com)
- U.S. judge dismisses suit claiming JPMorgan knew of Madoff fraud (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 1-Malaysian airliner's voice recorder in good condition, says ICAO (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 2-Miner Cliffs reports loss on weaker commodity prices, volumes (reuters.com)
- Canada's rail safety measures: earlier and tougher than U.S. (reuters.com)
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:27:57 GMT – July 23 (Reuters) – The Delaware Supreme Court affirmed on Wednesday a lower court ruling that ordered Wal-Mart Stores Inc to provide a shareholder with documents related to the company’s internal probe of allegations the retailer had paid bribes in Mexico.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:17:45 GMT – * Says to lay off 1,800 aerospace employees in the coming months, part of restructuring announced on Wednesday Further company coverage: (Reporting by Allison Martell)
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:13:32 GMT – WASHINGTON, July 23 (Reuters) – AT&T Inc’s quarterly revenue rose a weaker than expected 1.6 percent as cheaper service plans offered to customers who forgo subsidized cellular phones cut into margins.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:04:49 GMT – SAN FRANCISCO, July 23 (Reuters) – Qualcomm Inc’s outlook for the September quarter was below Wall Street’s expectations and its shares fell on Wednesday after the leading mobile chipmaker said it was having trouble collecting royalties in China.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:23:10 GMT – Joshua Ferris, Karen Joy Fowler, Siri Hustvedt, Joseph O’Neill and Richard Powers make it onto the Booker’s literary longlist.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:30:56 GMT – Financial criminals go to great lengths to hunt down and size up their prey, but to the con man, nothing can top the “sucker list” of people who have already fallen for a scam.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 19:53:49 GMT – Mr. Reynolds will take over the role of Peter Workman, the publisher’s founder, who died last spring.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:51:37 GMT – In the past few years, three wooden coasters that take their riders upside down have been built. See what these next-generation woodies can do, taking one for a virtual ride.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:27:19 GMT – La Villa, an intimate six-room getaway opening August 1, offers an eclectic take on luxury.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:46:41 GMT – Helen White, a former assistant to Anna Wintour and fashion writer for Harper’s Bazaar, opened Cabana last month. It’s full of custom-made items for the home and the closet.