Project Cook chops RBS down to size (ft.com)
- Clockwork heart pacemaker does away with batteries (reuters.com)
- Early data suggest Sanofi, Regeneron drug may halve heart risk (reuters.com)
- Coverage for End-of-Life Talks Gaining Ground (nytimes.com)
- UPDATE 1-Health workers strike at Sierra Leone Ebola hospital (reuters.com)
- WRAPUP 1-Health workers strike at major Ebola clinic in Sierra Leone (reuters.com)
- End-of-Life Talks May Finally Overcome Politics (nytimes.com)
- Modi seeks Japan's help for 'inclusive vision' on first big trip (reuters.com)
- In Transit Blog: A Rare Peek at a Protected Island (nytimes.com)
- WFP says it needs $70 mln to feed 1.3 mln people in Ebola quarantine (reuters.com)
- Health workers strike at Sierra Leone Ebola hospital (reuters.com)
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:31:31 GMT – A three-bedroom sponsor unit in the Marquand, a century-old apartment building, is the sale of the week.
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:00:13 GMT – Questions about short-term apartment rentals and the scheduling of open houses.
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 12:47:28 GMT – * Board to decide on any capital increase at end October (Adds quotes, details on capital increase)
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 13:14:52 GMT – BARCELONA, Aug 30 (Reuters) – A Boston Scientific device that stimulates the vagus nerve – a superhighway connecting the brain to the rest of the body – failed to help patients with heart failure in a mid-stage clinical trial.
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 11:00:01 GMT – * LCZ696 reduces cardiovascular death and hospitalisations
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 07:59:29 GMT – Chinese ecommerce company is expected to raise about $20bn when it lists on New York Stock Exchange, rivalling Agricultural Bank of China’s $22.1bn IPO from July 2010
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 11:00:01 GMT – The drug reduced the risk of dying from cardiovascular causes and the risk of being hospitalized for worsening heart failure by about 20 percent in a large trial.
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 03:24:58 GMT – Aug 29 (Reuters) – Canadian miner Cameco Corp suspended production at the world’s largest uranium mine after the union representing more than 500 workers refused to take the company’s offer to workers for a vote, Cameco said on Friday.
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 00:58:59 GMT – Leadership and help from Western nations are needed to eradicate the virus in West Africa, said pioneers in the fights against smallpox, polio and other diseases.
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:49:37 GMT – All 18 monkeys exposed to a lethal dose of the virus and given the experimental drug survived, raising hopes that ZMapp will work in people.