Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Hyundai Motor to launch its first battery-powered electric car in 2016 (reuters.com)
- Asia shares find steadier footing, China worries remain (reuters.com)
- Slim majority in poll see Thai central bank cutting key rate (reuters.com)
- BOJ keeps stimulus in place, downgrades exports in warning sign (reuters.com)
- Economix Blog: How to Help the Working Poor (nytimes.com)
- A leveraged bet on London banking and oligarchs: James Saft (reuters.com)
- Why expats are ditching their U.S. passports (cnn.com)
- China to launch private bank pilot program (reuters.com)
- Exclusive: Chobani seeks to sell stake at $2.5 billion valuation -sources (reuters.com)
- Investors closely monitoring Pimco after internal strife (reuters.com)
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 02:17:28 GMT – As demand rises again, the big question is whether it will be sufficient to keep all of Europe’s steel mills running.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 03:00:29 GMT – A federal judge in Utah refused to prevent a rival of Myriad Genetics from offering offer a test similar to Myriad’s for two genes tied to breast cancer.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 02:05:41 GMT – Carl C. Icahn, the activist investor, is in a battle with Marc Andreessen, the entrepreneur turned technology investor.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 01:19:23 GMT – Panicos Demetriades, chief of the Bank of Cyprus, quit amid tensions with the Cypriot government and an investigation into his handling of a bailout last year.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 02:03:33 GMT – James Cohen, the head of Hudson Media, is accused by Ronald O. Perelman’s daughter, Samantha, of manipulating his father to funnel hundreds of millions of dollars out of her inheritance.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 00:52:08 GMT – As younger travelers bring an urban sensibility to their accommodations, hotel chains are renovating old office buildings, warehouses and other spaces.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 01:11:58 GMT – The proposal created political problems for the Obama administration, with some Democrats joining Republicans in denouncing the changes, saying they would harm Medicare beneficiaries.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 00:32:02 GMT – SYDNEY (Reuters) – A measure of Australian business conditions pulled back sharply in February from the three-year highs touched the previous month, though firms surveyed remained relatively upbeat…
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 00:05:30 GMT – LONDON (Reuters) – British retail sales slowed markedly in February after a robust January as food sales stagnated, an industry survey showed on Tuesday.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 01:22:20 GMT – BEIJING (Reuters) – China is likely to liberalize deposit rates in one to two years, central bank Governor Zhou Xiaochuan said on Tuesday at a media conference at China’s annual parliament…