Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Fed's 'solid' growth view faces test as Greek drama unfolds (reuters.com)
- GM and China’s SAIC to push into Indonesia with no-frills vans (reuters.com)
- China factory sector jolts by shrinking in January (reuters.com)
- China's factory sector unexpectedly shrinks in January (reuters.com)
- $3 Tip on a $4 Cup of Coffee? Gratuities Grow, Automatically (nytimes.com)
- Cars With Faulty Airbags Are Recalled Second Time, but Fix May Take a Year (nytimes.com)
- What Super Bowl? The Ad Bowl has already begun (cnn.com)
- Cars With Faulty Airbags Are Recalled Second Time, But Fix May Take a Year (nytimes.com)
- Germany, ECB play hardball with Greece (reuters.com)
- Greece seeks to reassure Europe as tensions rise (reuters.com)
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 17:34:32 GMT – Jerry McGill, an author who was permanently paralyzed when he was a teenager, said programs that offered summer jobs to high school students with disabilities gave him a strong sense of purpose.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 19:22:09 GMT – Every downturn is a little bit different, and every downturn falls unevenly — even within the oil industry, as Louisiana’s complicated place in the current price collapse shows.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:45:01 GMT – Hoyt Harper says it is refreshing to come into his Stamford, Conn., office and see Long Island Sound, but he doesn’t get to spend much time looking at it.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:50:00 GMT – As repairs on an engagement ring stretch into months, the owner gets apologies, but no ring or explanation, from a jewelry chain.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:30:01 GMT – The chief executive of a software company says that anyone who makes a decision in a company should be able to explain it and give reasons for it.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 17:24:14 GMT – Obama administration officials say they worry that the tax-filing season will generate new anger as uninsured consumers learn that they must pay tax penalties.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:40:23 GMT – A Missouri judge ordered Wells Fargo to pay over $3 million for abusing a borrower, and a federal judge in New York said there was evidence the bank had forged documents.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 17:42:28 GMT – MOSCOW (Reuters) – McDonald’s Corp. will open fewer new restaurants in Russia this year than last because a fall in the rouble has increased expansion costs and is hurting consumers, its Russian chief executive Khamzat Khasbulatov told Reuters.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 11:59:39 EST – The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced on Saturday the recall of over 2 million vehicles to fix faulty crash sensors that could cause airbags to deploy for no reason.
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 11:53:23 EST – There are only about 300,000 Samoans and Tongans in America but their impact in one of the most American sports of all time is huge.