Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Scientists Report Advance in ‘Therapeutic Cloning’ (nytimes.com)
- Cost of Treatment May Influence Doctors (nytimes.com)
- Japan, U.S. trade talks in stalemate, ministers to meet again: Japan (reuters.com)
- Lucrative Stardom in China, Using a Webcam and a Voice (nytimes.com)
- DealBook: Shares of Twitter-Like Weibo Surge on Opening Day, as China I.P.O.s Mount (nytimes.com)
- DealBook: Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Adjust to New Banking Climate (nytimes.com)
- Treatment Cost Could Influence Doctors’ Advice (nytimes.com)
- Scientists Report Advance in ‘therapeutic Cloning’ (nytimes.com)
- Health Law Bellwether, UnitedHealth Posts Lower Profit (nytimes.com)
- Big Labels Take Aim at Pandora on Royalties (nytimes.com)
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:18:52 GMT – TOKYO (Reuters) – Japanese companies have weathered the first days of a rise in the country’s consumption tax, with sales resilient and pricing power little damaged, a Reuters poll showed on Friday,…
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:07:38 GMT – DETROIT (Reuters) – The federal judge overseeing Detroit’s historic bankruptcy case has revived the idea of a regional water authority and also suggested the city may need court oversight after it…
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:11:23 GMT – TOKYO (Reuters) – Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Friday that the government will include a role of the country’s $1.26-trillion public pension fund in its growth strategy to be unveiled…
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:21:01 GMT – New car sales are up by more than 10 percent in Ireland, Greece, Spain and Portugal, which signals stronger economic growth there, even if sales are still far below 2007 levels.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:18:26 GMT – A battle for filmmaking tax credits has begun in several states — including in California, the home of Hollywood — and has led to cutbacks in others like Maryland.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:52:42 GMT – As more people use their local libraries to connect to the Internet, libraries are requesting funding for better services.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:01:15 GMT – Using Google’s Street View technology, sponsors of the New York International Auto Show are creating a virtual exhibition online.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:06:08 GMT – The critical report was issued as the Obama administration prepared to offer as much as $8 billion in additional loan guarantees.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:36:40 GMT – The American Economic Association said Matthew Gentzkow’s work cuts across academic disciplines to address concerns at the crossroads of “economics, political science and sociology.”
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:40:31 GMT – The automaker won a legal round in the battles over its handling of a defective ignition switch in millions of its cars.