Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Chrysler Details Its Plans to Improve Recall Efforts (nytimes.com)
- The Downside of the Boom (nytimes.com)
- Bidding in Government Auction of Airwaves Reaches $34 Billion (nytimes.com)
- Belarus cuts 2015 economic growth forecast due to Russian slowdown (reuters.com)
- Strategies: Does Wall Street Like Gridlock? It Depends on the Grid (nytimes.com)
- Italy expects no further EU demands to correct budget (reuters.com)
- Schaeuble raps German firms for avoiding taxes via Luxembourg: Focus (reuters.com)
- Egypt hopes to attract $10-12 billion at investment summit in March (reuters.com)
- Europe not at risk of full-blown deflation: ECB's Constancio (reuters.com)
- At Spain’s Door, a Welcome Mat for Entrepreneurs (nytimes.com)
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:37:46 GMT – Forces both inside and outside the traditional labor movement united to campaign for a higher minimum wage for hotel workers in Los Angeles.
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:23:23 GMT – Clearly, many rich people like to display their incredible wealth. Yet, generally, they think they know value when they see it.
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:18:17 GMT – A machine eases the way for amateurs and professionals to make small batches of craft beer.
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:04:19 GMT – Historically, shared political power in Washington seems to have little connection to stock market returns — until you slice and dice how the power has been divided.
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:01:01 GMT – For a secretive institution, assorted challenges to how it uses its power. Or doesn’t.
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 14:55:43 GMT – With practice and an acquired trick or two, a writer learns to thrive as a public speaker.
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 14:53:10 GMT – A cheese grader at Cabot Creamery in Vermont was trained in cheese-making and dairy-control techniques at three universities.
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 13:24:06 GMT – SHANGHAI (Reuters) – China’s latest interest rate cut is set to dent the profitability of domestic lenders, especially mid-sized banks, which are already suffering from higher bad loans and a slowdown in profit growth.
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:59:30 GMT – MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russia’s rouble, which has fallen almost 30 percent against the dollar this year, will continue to decline over the next two years, Interfax news agency quoted former Finance…
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 04:30:50 GMT – BEIJING (Reuters) – Chinese Premier Li Keqiang has called for “new growth engines” to counter slowing growth in the world’s second largest economy, Xinhua reported late on Friday.