Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Water becoming more valuable than gold (cnn.com)
- The Housing Market Is Still Holding Back the Economy. Here’s Why. (nytimes.com)
- U.S. Reports Higher Manufactured Goods Orders in March (nytimes.com)
- Vivendi to return 5 billion euros to shareholders after asset sales (reuters.com)
- Nasdaq seeks upside from markets debate as profits rise (reuters.com)
- American, Southwest beat forecasts, JetBlue disappoints (reuters.com)
- April U.S. auto sales to rise 8.5 percent: J.D. Power, LMC (reuters.com)
- Google social networking boss Gundotra leaving company (reuters.com)
- Time Warner Cable cuts video subscriber losses, adds Internet clients (reuters.com)
- Alstom shares jump on report of $13 billion GE bid (reuters.com)
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:24:48 GMT – PARIS (Reuters) – Gucci’s sales growth remained sluggish in the first three months of the year, hit in part by the brand’s upmarket repositioning and the clean-up of its wholesale distribution network.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:17:45 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – U.S. stocks rose in a volatile session on Thursday as Apple and Caterpillar were the latest high-profile names to post bullish results, though gains were limited by a resurgence of concerns related to Ukraine.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:38:35 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – If famed investor Jim Rogers is known for one trait above all, it is for spotting themes early — and betting on them big.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:52:26 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – Money manager and arts patron Alberto Vilar was resentenced on Thursday to 10 years in prison, a year longer than previously, in connection with his 2008 conviction for fraud and…
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:10:42 GMT – (Reuters) – Some of the loudest critics of a plan to require stockbrokers to tell clients about bonuses they receive for switching firms are not from Wall Street, but from the insurance industry.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:09:18 GMT – Orders for long-lasting U.S. manufactured goods rose more than expected in March and a measure of business capital spending plans surged, bolstering views of an acceleration in growth in the second quarter.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:57:36 GMT – Apple and Facebook’s results outpaced expectations, and investors appeared to be shrugging off the crisis in Ukraine.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:06:12 GMT – Female computer scientists make 89 percent of what men in the same occupation make, a significantly better percentage than in other professions.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:51:12 GMT – An appellate court seems inclined to change the rules on insider trading in a way that will make it easier for professional traders to escape liability.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:17:29 GMT – How Starbucks excels at social media marketing. How local businesses can compete with chains. Protecting your business from a Bring Your Own Device lawsuit.