Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Swiss bank Notenstein plans to buy clients of wealth manager LBBW (reuters.com)
- Malaysia Airlines to Cut 6,000 Jobs (nytimes.com)
- Eurozone Inflation Dips Again to Increase Pressure on E.C.B. (nytimes.com)
- Bulgaria may let Corpbank depositors get partial access to accounts (reuters.com)
- Euro sags ahead of inflation test, Ukraine nerves weigh (reuters.com)
- Fiat says exit rights exercise won't jeopardize Chrysler merger (reuters.com)
- ECB's Nowotny says worried about euro zone economy (reuters.com)
- UK house prices surge unexpectedly in August: Nationwide (reuters.com)
- China funds cut suggested equity allocations as hopes for recovery evaporate: Reuters poll (reuters.com)
- Germanwings pilots start strike as Lufthansa row rumbles on (reuters.com)
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 05:07:44 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – Morgan Stanley has quietly filed plans to build and run one of the first U.S. compressed natural gas export facilities, the first sign the bank is plunging back into physical commodity markets even as it sells its physical oil business.
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 04:26:28 GMT – BEIJING (Reuters) – China’s Dalian Wanda group and Tencent Holdings Ltd said on Friday they would set up a 5 billion yuan ($814 million) e-commerce joint venture with Baidu Inc , as the firms push into the high-growth e-commerce sector.
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:19:48 GMT – LONDON (Reuters) – British consumer morale strengthened more than expected in August, matching June’s nine-year high, as Britons became more confident about the economy and their financial prospects,…
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:15:23 GMT – JAKARTA (Reuters) – Indonesia’s annual inflation is likely to have cooled during August as prices pressures subsided after the Eid al-Fitr festival, a Reuters poll showed on Friday.
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 02:27:55 GMT – NEW DELHI (Reuters) – The after-glow of Narendra Modi’s election victory nearly four months ago is expected to have helped India’s lumbering economy register its fastest growth in more than two years…
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 02:44:08 GMT – TOKYO (Reuters) – Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Friday that the impact of April’s sales tax hike on the economy is gradually easing but it needs close monitoring from now on.
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 22:09:06 EDT – The clock is running out on Japan’s ambitious plan for economic revival as growth sputters and doubts grow over the government’s ability to deliver key reforms.
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:40:11 GMT – Fueled by a growing interest in urban living and a shortage of rental housing, rents have risen sharply in cities like Milwaukee and San Francisco and in states like Maine, Georgia and Kentucky.
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 01:22:50 GMT – The company, which had experienced setbacks in its efforts in recent years, said it had not yet made a final decision on whether to drill next summer.
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 01:50:40 GMT – Vivendi said the offer from Telefónica of Spain for Global Village Telecom was aligned with Vivendi’s goal to exit the telecommunications business.