Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Merrill Lynch fires brokers for promoting outside hedge fund: source (reuters.com)
- Retirement Weekly: Retirement news: The week in review (marketwatch.com)
- Retirement Weekly: New and noteworthy retirement income investments (marketwatch.com)
- Audio: Are 40 thieves hiding behind Alibaba? (marketwatch.com)
- Retirement Weekly: Five ways to make the most of your money (marketwatch.com)
- Retirement Weekly: Retirement research worth reading (marketwatch.com)
- DealBook: A Soaring Debut for Alibaba (nytimes.com)
- Business Briefing: F.D.A. Plans to Revise Food Safety Rules (nytimes.com)
- Big Factories Go to Work on Biofuel (nytimes.com)
- Cadillac Makes Big Plan to Woo Luxury Market (nytimes.com)
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:37:03 GMT – What excites investors in Alibaba isn’t just its size, but its prospects of getting bigger. But is it reasonable to assume its dominance will persist?
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:34:13 GMT – Selim Zherka (known as Sam), publisher of The Westchester Guardian and regular critic of county politicians, was denied bail after prosecutors portrayed him as a dangerous thug.
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:23:56 GMT – Adjusted for the change in the Consumer Price Index, household wealth is at a record high, 4 percent above the 2007 level.
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:01:02 GMT – SOFIA (Reuters) – Bulgaria’s Corporate Commercial Bank (Corpbank) cannot be rescued without a political decision, because the troubled lender will need state support, central bank governor Ivan…
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:09:04 GMT – PARIS (Reuters) – Moody’s spared France a fresh downgrade of its debt rating on Friday even though Paris has overrun its deficit targets, warning the outlook was negative in light of difficulties…
Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:24:13 GMT – SYDNEY (Reuters) – Australia plans to introduce new rules in 2017 aimed at closing international taxation loopholes and stemming the loss of revenue from multinationals shifting their profits to…
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:24:24 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – If Larry Ellison sailed off on his yacht for good tomorrow, who would really run Oracle Corp ?
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:29:59 GMT – The latest round of sanctions by Washington and the European Union ordered companies to cut off help to Russian oil exploration in the Arctic.
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:21:04 GMT – The Dow rose to 17,279, the third straight day it set a new high, and the S.&P. 500, which fell less than a point, had its best weekly gain in a month.
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:28:47 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – Alibaba Group Holding Ltd’s shares soared 38 percent in their first day of trading on Friday as investors jumped at the chance for a piece of what is likely to rank as the largest IPO in history, in a massive bet on China’s burgeoning middle class.