Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default imminent (reuters.com)
- Exclusive: Cuomo intervened in BNP deal to get $1 billion more for NY state fund (reuters.com)
- U.S. CFPB director says training managers to create fairer workplace (reuters.com)
- AMC Said to Be in Talks Over Stake in BBC-America (nytimes.com)
- Market Flat Despite Mostly Good News (nytimes.com)
- Machine Learning: Easier Ways to Make Payments With Smartphones (nytimes.com)
- Boeing to Build Biggest 787 in the South (nytimes.com)
- Obama Plans New Scrutiny for Contractors on Labor Practices (nytimes.com)
- Energy Companies Rethinking Russia After New Round of Sanctions (nytimes.com)
- China Moves to Ease Home-Registration Rules in Urbanization Push (nytimes.com)
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:24:58 EDT – Argentina’s default is now imminent.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:25:19 EDT – Steve Mason and his wife Darnelle have been struggling to pay their daughter’s six-figure student loan debt ever since she passed away five years ago — and now they are starting to get some much needed relief.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:39:14 GMT – (Reuters) – Argentina Economy Minister Axel Kicillof on Wednesday said the country offered a group of holdout creditors the same reduced payment terms it has agreed to pay other holders of its…
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:15:07 GMT – BRUSSELS/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – European regulators are preparing what could be a stern challenge to Google Inc’s mobile software business in the coming months after a nearly four-year investigation into the company’s Web search practices left rivals and European politicians dissatisfied.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:23:11 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The Federal Reserve on Wednesday reaffirmed it was in no rush to raise interest rates, even as it upgraded its assessment of the U.S. economy and expressed some comfort that inflation was moving up toward its target.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:24:08 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – The S&P 500 and Nasdaq ended higher on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve gave a rosier assessment of the U.S. economy while reaffirming that it is in no hurry to raise interest rates.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:50:30 GMT – (Reuters) – Yum Brands Inc on Wednesday said a television expose showing improper meat handling by one of its Chinese suppliers caused “significant, negative” damage to sales at its KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants over the past 10 days.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:03:45 GMT – (Reuters) – Standard & Poor’s on Wednesday cut its credit rating on Argentina’s foreign-currency sovereign debt to “selective default” even as talks between officials from Latin America’s No. 3 economy and a group of holdout creditors continued in New York.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:37:13 GMT – (Reuters) – The surge in Twitter Inc’s stock has revived debate about whether it warrants a valuation five times that of Facebook Inc , its biggest rival in social media.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:35:04 GMT – (Reuters) – U.S. money market fund assets grew a week after U.S. regulators handed down changes to the $2.6 trillion industry in an attempt to avert the risk of runs in case of another financial…