Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- UK firms expect to offer a bit more pay in 2015: CBI (reuters.com)
- London City firms' senior workers expecting bigger bonuses: survey (reuters.com)
- China's Haitong Securities plans $3.86 billion Hong Kong private share placement (reuters.com)
- Euro shaky on ECB and Greece, dollar keeps edge (reuters.com)
- Asian shares take cue from Wall Street's rally (reuters.com)
- After a Tumultuous Year at the Box Office, Hollywood Looks to 2015 (nytimes.com)
- Crunch Time for FedEx and UPS as Last-Minute Holiday Shipping Ramps Up (nytimes.com)
- Top Source Of Oil Vows To Ride Out Price Slump (nytimes.com)
- Energy-Storage Plans Gain Ground in California (nytimes.com)
- In China, a Rapid Jump to Mobile Advertising (nytimes.com)
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 23:42:16 GMT – PARIS (Reuters) – Ten years ago, the boss of Qatar Airways, who takes his first
Mon, 22 Dec 2014 00:21:26 GMT – TOKYO (Reuters) – Asian shares and the dollar began a holiday-shortened week on a strong footing on Monday, with the euro testing two-year lows against the greenback on divergent monetary policy expectations.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 23:10:13 GMT – Edith Ramirez’s tenure as leader of the commission has been marked by an effort to bring the regulator out of the shadows, focusing particular attention on digital privacy and transactions.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 22:57:28 GMT – Next year, companies are expected to spend more money on digital advertising than on TV commercials in China.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 23:59:18 GMT – Things have gone so deeply wrong so quickly, it is hard to keep track of all the mistakes that led us here.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 22:42:23 GMT – Southern California Edison plans to retire some power plants and replace them with storage — including conventional batteries and giant ice packs — as well as other power generators.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 16:55:07 EST – Robert Lloyd, a New York antique dealer, holds an unusual distinction: He is the world’s largest dealer of Guinness advertising art.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 21:30:59 GMT – The Commerce Department will issue its final estimate for third-quarter growth, and data for November will be released for durable goods, income, spending and new-home sales.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 19:07:27 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – The average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States fell 25 cents in the past two weeks, tumbling to its lowest level in more than five-and-a-half years, according to the Lundberg survey released Sunday.
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:58:02 EST – NBC great Tom Brokaw is ending the year with good news: His cancer is in remission.