Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Fine Print: One-Third of Top Websites Restrict Customers’ Right to Sue (nytimes.com)
- Oil will tumble to $70 says new 'bond king' (cnn.com)
- Asia stocks hobbled by growth woes, China PMI fails to impress (reuters.com)
- Online financing, rising costs squeeze profits at China's midsize banks (reuters.com)
- Japan October flash manufacturing PMI rises to seven-month high of 52.8 (reuters.com)
- China flash HSBC PMI edges up in October but output at five-month low (reuters.com)
- IMF urges Japan to go ahead with planned tax hike next year (reuters.com)
- Home Solar Power Discounts Are Worker Perk in New Program (nytimes.com)
- MarketWatch Options Trader: In focus: Battle for control (marketwatch.com)
- Special Report: Personal Finance: Health Spas Aimed at Teaching Stressed Executives to Unwind (nytimes.com)
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:27:49 GMT – The return of many of those who experienced foreclosures or short sales in the economic downturn could influence the housing market.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:37:41 GMT – Why doesn’t more money always buy more happiness? A growing body of research is showing that modern work demands and brain’s chemistry are mostly to blame.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:16:18 GMT – The rise of devices like the Apple Watch is creating a debate as to whether watches will remain a symbol of status and taste or shift toward high-tech tools.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:01:34 GMT – Thanks to gains made in their generation, and to demographic factors, many women now nearing retirement age control substantial assets.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:54:18 GMT – Executives and board members are usually in their stock for the long run, but buybacks have a different objective.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:50:41 GMT – Financial advisers say investment portfolios, financial plans and lifestyles can be adjusted to limit the risk of running out of money before you run out of time.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:41:27 GMT – Building wealth through home equity doesn’t have the gloss it used to, but some areas are still promising.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:32:32 GMT – In Wellington, Fla., the real estate market revolves around the equestrian community in the area, meaning you’ll pay more to live closer to the show grounds.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:03:43 GMT – Gotham this year ranks No. 1 among fund sponsors in new-money inflows, according to Morningstar.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:18:00 GMT – Among those competing in the top ranks of equestrians are young women with well-known and wealthy parents.