Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- Common Sense: When Media Mergers Limit More Than Competition (nytimes.com)
- DealBook: BSkyB to Buy Italian and German Units of Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox (nytimes.com)
- Vodafone Revenue Falls but Company Sees Improvement in Europe (nytimes.com)
- Amazon Results Lead Markets Lower (nytimes.com)
- DealBook: To Woo Drug Maker Shire, AbbVie Trod Cautiously in Tax Inversion Bid (nytimes.com)
- Retiring: The Special Challenges of Retiring From a Business You Own (nytimes.com)
- Durable Goods Orders Rebound (nytimes.com)
- Video: Five Things Bitcoins Won't Tell You (marketwatch.com)
- Was your brokerage account hacked? Here’s how to know (marketwatch.com)
- Chuck Jaffe: Buy-and-hold investing is impossible (marketwatch.com)
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:58:13 -0500 – Twitter is struggling to make a profit and the shares are overvalued, and disappointing business trends will continue to weigh on the stock, writes Jeff Reeves.
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:35:55 EDT – Companies can’t keep your data safe. It’s that simple.
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:13:38 EDT – The shady Southern pine trees on the outskirts of Shreveport, La., serve as a year-round “New England” set for the television series Salem, one of many shows and movies being filmed in the state.
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:04:52 EDT – Read full story for latest details.
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:12:06 EDT – Read full story for latest details.
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:07:34 GMT – MOSCOW (Reuters) – The Russian central bank unexpectedly raised interest rates on Friday, apparently preparing for possible further Western sanctions over Ukraine that could speed up capital flight…
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:39:34 GMT – BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) – Argentina said on Friday that a debt deal could be reached with “holdout” investors suing the country for full payment of their bonds if they, and a U.S. judge who has ruled…
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:56:04 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Overall U.S. food inflation will remain near the historic norm in 2014, even as prices for meat and seafood are pushed higher by disease and widespread drought, the U.S….
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:07:31 GMT – NEW DELHI (Reuters) – India’s new government pledged on Friday to pursue a low, stable and simple tax regime as it looks to win back investor confidence and spur economic activity, both of which have…
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:10:20 GMT – SAO PAULO (Reuters) – Geopolitical tension driving investors away from Eastern European countries could give a boost to bond offerings from Brazilian companies starting in September, a senior banker…