Fight Over Minimum Wage Illustrates Web of Industry Ties (nytimes.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:49:23 GMT – The Employment Policies Institute, an economic research center that has warned of increasing the minimum wage, is run by a public relations firm that represents the restaurant industry.
Tags: Berman, Employment Policies Institute, Fight:, illustrates, Industry, Lobbying and Lobbyists, Minimum, Minimum Wage, Over, Public Relations and Publicity, Research, Richard B, ties, United States Politics and Government, Wage
- NYC tabloids keep a straight face on Ebola (cnn.com)
- Ex-Bank of New York Mellon employee pleads guilty to insider trading (reuters.com)
- Exclusive: Ford to overhaul Lincoln brand, this time with big bucks (reuters.com)
- Wall St. boosted by earnings, S&P posts best week in nearly two years (reuters.com)
- Your Money: Combating a Flood of Early 401(k) Withdrawals (nytimes.com)
- Trinity Industries Halts Shipments of Highway Guardrails (nytimes.com)
- Solid Company Reports Push the Market Up (nytimes.com)
- Continent's Drift: The Conflict Between Germany and the E.C.B. That Threatens Europe (nytimes.com)
- New-Home Sales Staying Sluggish (nytimes.com)
- In Europe, About 25 Banks Said to Have Failed Health Checks (nytimes.com)
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:30:57 GMT – BRUSSELS (Reuters) – The ECB’s president warned divided euro zone leaders on Friday they risked “a relapse into recession” if they failed to press ahead with structural economic reforms, a message…
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:08:23 EDT – Read full story for latest details.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:55:46 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – U.S. stocks were on pace to close out their best week in nearly two years on Friday, helped by earnings from Microsoft and Procter & Gamble and as concerns eased over the possible spread of Ebola.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:13:48 GMT – The results of the review, set to be disclosed Sunday, are expected to show that some banks have shored up their books, but it could unsettle markets.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:42:48 GMT – Sales of new U.S. single-family homes rose to a six-year high in September, but a sharp downward revision to August’s sales pace indicated the housing recovery remains tentative.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:17:36 -0500 – It’s almost time to fall back an hour.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:18:42 -0500 – To be right, ‘do nothing’ must be a strategy, says Chuck Jaffe.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:55:22 -0500 – Stocks are higher, looking to end a string of four losing weeks. President Oliver Pursche at Gary Goldberg Financial Services says news of New York’s first Ebola case may have scared Wall Street’s computers more than it worried investors.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:35:34 -0500 – Halloween sales are just the tip of the iceberg; even the Great Recession could barely slow down the $8 billion U.S. candy industry.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:48:32 -0500 – The fortunes of the two companies are heading in different directions, writes Jeff Reeves.