Scathing U.N. report demands Vatican act against child sex abuse (reuters.com)
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:29:30 GMT – GENEVA/VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The United Nations demanded that the Vatican “immediately remove” all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to civil authorities, in an unprecedented and scathing report on Wednesday.
- Appeals Panel Rejects Virginia Gay-Marriage Ban (nytimes.com)
- 2 U.S. Marshals and an Officer Are Shot in Greenwich Village (nytimes.com)
- DealBook: Zillow to Buy Trulia for $3.5 Billion in All-Stock Deal (nytimes.com)
- U.S. Says Russia Tested Cruise Missile in Violation of Treaty (nytimes.com)
- Denying Interference, Cuomo Defends Handling of Ethics Commission (nytimes.com)
- Enmity and Civilian Toll Rise in Ukraine While Attention Is Diverted (nytimes.com)
- Donald Sterling Loses Bid to Block Sale of Clippers (nytimes.com)
- First Person: The Great Giant Flea Hunt (nytimes.com)
- U.S. 'disappointed' Netherlands released Venezuelan wanted over drugs (reuters.com)
- U.S. officials defend Kerry from Israeli criticism (reuters.com)
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 22:48:32 GMT – LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – The record $2 billion sale of pro basketball’s Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft Corp chief executive Steve Ballmer can proceed over the objections of co-owner Donald Sterling, a judge tentatively ruled on Monday.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:00:07 GMT – How to choose wisely when shopping for the lowest prices.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:09:05 GMT – Departure of Clarence Otis comes after pressure from activist shareholders.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 22:09:36 GMT – Activist investor Carl Icahn just made at least $149 million on his investment in discount retailer Family Dollar, after it agreed to be acquired by Dollar Tree.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:58:18 GMT – Herbalife shares slide in extended trading after the nutrition supplement company turned in quarterly earnings that fell short of Wall Street’s expectations.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:05:02 GMT – The U.S. stock market ends a choppy trading session mostly higher as investors weigh soft housing data against a flurry of deal news, including the takeover of Family Dollar Stores by Dollar Tree.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:10:56 GMT – Zillow would dominate the online real-estate space if it completes its acquisition of Trulia as intended. And that could have implications for both real-estate agents and consumers.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:17:09 GMT – Tech stocks start the week off on a mixed note, with sector leaders coming back from losses.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:22:52 GMT – Tech job cuts reflect declining computer sales, and which dollar store items aren’t worth the discount.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:55 GMT – Israeli leaders have been mulling whether to expand the assault against Hamas in Gaza, or respond to international calls for a truce.