Scathing U.N. report demands Vatican act against child sex abuse (reuters.com)
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:29:30 GMT – GENEVA/VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The United Nations demanded that the Vatican “immediately remove” all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to civil authorities, in an unprecedented and scathing report on Wednesday.
- In Gaza, at Least 16 Die at U.N. School Used as Civilian Shelter (nytimes.com)
- Hungry City: Brooklyn Ball Factory in East Williamsburg (nytimes.com)
- U.S. Weighs Giving Refugee Status to Youths in Honduras (nytimes.com)
- Sudan Christian Woman Spared Death Sentence Meets Pope in Rome (nytimes.com)
- Tour de France 2014: Vincenzo Nibali Displays Dominance in Final Mountain Stage (nytimes.com)
- Air Algérie Plane Missing in Sahara With 116 Aboard (nytimes.com)
- The Condé Nast Entourage Heads to 1 World Trade Center (nytimes.com)
- Russian court sentences opposition leaders to 4.5 years each in jail (reuters.com)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane (reuters.com)
- U.S. jobless claims hit more than eight-year low, but home sales tumble (reuters.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:55:27 GMT – GAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Gazan authorities said Israeli forces shelled a shelter at a U.N.-run school on Thursday, killing at least 15 people as the Palestinian death toll in the conflict climbed over 750 and attempts at a truce remained elusive.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:01:57 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday took a step toward authorizing a lawsuit against President Barack Obama, claiming he has overstepped his executive powers.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:53:07 GMT – You can’t be the next Warren Buffett, but by understanding investing behavior, you can better the odds of achieving your financial goals, writes Cullen Roche.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:46:23 GMT – This wine scammer could face decades in jail.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:40:41 GMT – Money will be returned to investors who were harmed during the crisis.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:24:13 GMT – At least six analysts cut ratings on the company after its earnings and outlook disappointed.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:27:28 GMT – In the past few months, a series of plane-related incidents have been splashed across Americans’ television and computer screens. The tragedies capture our attention — but do we actually change our travel behavior because of them?
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:29:29 GMT – Treasury prices fall after global data and a TIPS auction, paring a recent rise.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:23:33 GMT – Latest earnings from social networking giant key up investors.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 16:13:50 GMT – A look at stocks making notable moves in European trading.