Scathing U.N. report demands Vatican act against child sex abuse (reuters.com)
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:29:30 GMT – GENEVA/VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The United Nations demanded that the Vatican “immediately remove” all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to civil authorities, in an unprecedented and scathing report on Wednesday.
- Earnings Outlook: What to expect from Tesla earnings (marketwatch.com)
- Bond Report: Treasurys fall after Japan’s surprise easing measures (marketwatch.com)
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stocks: S&P 500, Dow hit record levels (marketwatch.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: Natural gas continues four-day winning streak (marketwatch.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: Apple’s Jony Ive: Designing the Watch was ‘humbling’ (marketwatch.com)
- Metals Stocks: Gold sinks to levels not seen since 2010 as BOJ rallies dollar (marketwatch.com)
- Economic Report: U.S. businesses face rising labor costs (marketwatch.com)
- Americans spend this much on Halloween (cnbc.com)
- Pet owners: Beware of scary Halloween bills (cnbc.com)
- Early Movers: HLT, SBUX, C, LNKD, GPRO & more (cnbc.com)
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:30 GMT – U.S. consumer spending fell in September for the first time in eight months, suggesting the economy lost some momentum heading into the quarter.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:31 GMT – Forty years after cheap Japanese watches nearly ruined the Swiss industry, Apple’s new smartwatch is posing a similar threat.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:51 GMT – ExxonMobil on Friday reported a 3 percent increase in quarterly profit on higher results in its refining and chemicals businesses.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:00 GMT – The latest entrant into tech’s billion-dollar club got there by accident.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:13 GMT – Hedge fund founder Marc Lasry tells CNBC he sees opportunity in energy stocks, given the recent pullback in oil prices.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:25 GMT – A fire erupted at Paris’ gigantic public radio house on Friday, forcing an evacuation of the building as radios went off-air.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:45 GMT – The Institute for Supply Management’s Chicago-area business barometer rose to 66.2 in October.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:50 GMT – U.S. labor costs rose more than expected in the third quarter as wages recorded their largest gain since 2008.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:54 GMT – Politico’s Ben White offers up his midterm prediction for the Senate, as well as for other tight races around the country.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:55 GMT – U.S. consumer sentiment rose in October to its highest level since in more than seven years on growing optimism about the economy.