Scathing U.N. report demands Vatican act against child sex abuse (reuters.com)
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:29:30 GMT – GENEVA/VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The United Nations demanded that the Vatican “immediately remove” all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to civil authorities, in an unprecedented and scathing report on Wednesday.
- Cramer Remix: Fitful market and a good grocer play (cnbc.com)
- Ford F-Series launch crucial after lowered guidance (cnbc.com)
- Revisiting the Lehman Bros bailout that never was (cnbc.com)
- Recessions can postpone motherhood forever: Study (cnbc.com)
- Gross fallout: Morningstar downgrades Pimco fund (cnbc.com)
- Toyota recalls 690,000 vehicles to fix fire hazard (cnbc.com)
- Latest News: Secret Service, Catalonia, Apple (nytimes.com)
- City Room: New York Today: The Living Wage Law Expands (nytimes.com)
- Australia Says Man Sent Money to American in Syria (nytimes.com)
- Field Operations: Democrats Are Spending More on the Ground in Key Senate Races (nytimes.com)
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 08:58:00 GMT – Far from the scrum of the campaign trail, the former nominee reflects on the calls for his return.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:00:09 GMT – Whether on Japan’s street or shores, Issei Suda takes pictures like a swordsman, with light swiftly slicing the scene.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:02:47 GMT – Leung Chun-ying, the city’s chief executive, gave no sign Tuesday that he was prepared to compromise with the demonstrators who have blocked major roads.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:16:26 GMT – The commission laid out its preliminary case over Apple’s taxes in Ireland, and it told the country it may order it to collect huge amounts of back taxes.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:35:28 GMT – The Chinese government said that after it presented Apple with concerns about the iPhone 6’s security features, the company provided it with “official materials” to address them.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 01:50:42 GMT – Under the state law colleges must require “affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity,” which can be verbal or communicated through actions.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:44:15 GMT – BRUSSELS (Reuters) – The European Union has accused Ireland of giving Apple Inc. illegal state aid through tax arrangements that had “no scientific basis” but which helped the iPhone maker shelter tens of billions of dollars in international revenues from tax.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:56:13 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Ukrainian state prosecutors said on Tuesday they had opened a criminal investigation against a Russian law enforcement agency, accusing it of supporting separatist and “terrorist” groups in the east of the country.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 04:57 GMT – Social media among Hong Kong protesters pose a “nightmare” for Chinese censors, as apps designed to evade clampdown have surged in popularity. NBC News reports.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 08:50:17 GMT – European Union regulators believe tax deals granted to Apple in Ireland constitute illegal state support for the U.S. company, they say in a letter setting out their reasoning for an in-depth investigation.