Scathing U.N. report demands Vatican act against child sex abuse (reuters.com)
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:29:30 GMT – GENEVA/VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The United Nations demanded that the Vatican “immediately remove” all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to civil authorities, in an unprecedented and scathing report on Wednesday.
- Greek leftist leader Tsipras scores victory over austerity (reuters.com)
- Futures Movers: Oil futures down but off post-Greek-vote low (marketwatch.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: Obama, Modi say progress made on civil nuclear trade (marketwatch.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: Blizzard bears down on New York region (marketwatch.com)
- New Greek government to keep markets on edge (cnbc.com)
- How China's wealth fund views world economy (cnbc.com)
- Duke 77, St. John's 68: It’s a Picture That’s Worth A Thousand Triumphs (nytimes.com)
- At Least 18 Die in Egyptian Violence (nytimes.com)
- Christie on Air: Undiluted and Pretty Great, if He Says So Himself (nytimes.com)
- Albatross of Debt Weighs on Super Bowl City (nytimes.com)
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:55:53 GMT – Key provisions include creating a global cadre of emergency health workers, establishing a fund that could be tapped quickly, and support for the development of treatments for emerging infectious diseases.
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 02:02:39 GMT – The storm is expected to begin with flurries late Monday morning and gather force as the day goes on, bringing high winds, low visibility and “treacherous” road conditions.
Sun, 25 Jan 2015 18:54:58 GMT – Nick Kyrgios, a 19-year-old Australian in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, offers a spirited and often salty approach to the game.
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:30:09 GMT – Balloons, not doves, were released as a gesture of peace on Sunday in St. Peter’s Square, a year after an attack by a gull and a crow on the symbolic birds set off protests by animal protection groups.
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:36:37 GMT – RABAT (Reuters) – Moroccan authorities said on Sunday they arrested a suspected Algerian member of the militant group responsible for kidnapping and beheading French tourist Herve Gourdel east of Algiers in September.
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:47:05 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The top U.S. House of Representatives Republican said it was “critically important” to improve the country’s infrastructure and said Congress is looking at options to pay for repairs, according to an interview aired Sunday night on the CBS program “60 Minutes.”
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 02:26:56 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – A swath of the U.S. East Coast from Philadelphia to New York City to Maine braced for a potentially historic blizzard on Monday expected to dump as much as 3 feet (90 cm) of snow and snarl transportation for tens of millions of people.
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:03 GMT – Japanese rice is added to Chinese consumers’ list of everyday foods bought at luxury-good prices because they fear the local alternatives aren’t safe.
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:17 GMT – Japan’s exports grew the most in a year in December, helped by a weak yen and pickup in overseas demand, an encouraging sign for the economy.
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:12:27 GMT – Google’s upcoming wireless service would aim to end subscribers’ reliance on a single carrier, instead giving them the ability to pick the best signal from a variety of sources, The Wall Street Journal reports.