Scathing U.N. report demands Vatican act against child sex abuse (reuters.com)
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:29:30 GMT – GENEVA/VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The United Nations demanded that the Vatican “immediately remove” all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to civil authorities, in an unprecedented and scathing report on Wednesday.
- China market still a 'stock picker paradise' (cnbc.com)
- China's race to turn trash… to cash? (cnbc.com)
- 'Mr. Confession' drives China's antitrust crusade (cnbc.com)
- India tightens Vietnam defense, oil ties (cnbc.com)
- China to ban imports of high ash, high sulfur coal (cnbc.com)
- Cramer: Tech investors facing Alibaba headache (cnbc.com)
- Buffett: My job's 'easy' compared to Mayweather's (cnbc.com)
- Fed and Alibaba Effect to hang over stocks (cnbc.com)
- G.M. Defect Now Faulted In 19 Deaths (nytimes.com)
- In Patz’s Killing, ‘I Tried to Stop but I Couldn’t’ (nytimes.com)
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:25:23 GMT – The Vikings said the star running back would participate in practices and meetings this week, clearing him to play Sunday in New Orleans.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:57:03 GMT – Most of what went on in the first episode of the new season of “The View” was rather stilted, despite the presence of new hosts.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:35:07 GMT – A neighborhood in the tourist district of the capital, Ankara, has become a hub for wooing new members of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, even as the group holds Turkish hostages.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:43:36 GMT – President Obama is to announce on Tuesday an expansion of military and medical resources to combat the virus’s spread, officials said.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:52:04 GMT – Five of the seven defendants in a gang rape case were condemned to death, despite their claims that their confessions were extracted through torture.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:02:19 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The Syrian military’s air defenses would face retaliation if Syria attempted to respond to U.S. air strikes that are expected against Islamic State targets in Syria, senior U.S. officials said on Monday.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:31 GMT – China’s worsening economic outlook is hard to ignore, but here’s why investors aren’t rushing for the exits.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:31 GMT – The Australian dollar could finally be on its way to 80 cents, analysts told CNBC.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:31 GMT – China’s junk buyers have transformed the electronic garbage of wealthy countries into small fortunes for years, often tainting rivers with toxic.
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:08:29 GMT – Apple says record sales of its newest iPhone could lead to shipping delays, and many investment advisers don’t test for cyber vulnerabilities.