Frugal Traveler: A Weekend in Hungary, Chosen at Random (nytimes.com)
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 19:57:41 GMT – The Frugal Traveler decided to spend a couple of days in a small Hungarian town just to see what would happen. So what did? Plenty, it turns out.
- In Transit Blog: Biking Napoleon’s Route (nytimes.com)
- In Transit Blog: Cruising to Christmas Markets (nytimes.com)
- Books Of Style: Three New Books On Luxurious Cold-Weather Escapes (nytimes.com)
- Contributing Op-Ed Writer: Grand Tour of the Self (nytimes.com)
- In Transit Blog: In Geneva, a Skating Rink With a View (and Brunch) (nytimes.com)
- In Berlin, Still Partying in the Ruins (nytimes.com)
- In Transit Blog: In New York, an Haute Cocoa Cart (nytimes.com)
- Lives: Rules of Engagement (nytimes.com)
- Q&A: Tips for Traveling While Pregnant (nytimes.com)
- In Transit Blog: New at JetBlue: Baggage Fees (nytimes.com)
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:07:29 GMT – Kim Han-sik, 71, the head of the Chonghaejin Marine Company, was convicted of accidental homicide and embezzlement over the sinking of the ferry Sewol in April.
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:08:53 GMT – “Christmas in Iceland” trips organized by IsramWorld include tours of Reykjavik and the Geysir geothermal area.
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:11:29 GMT – I always thought “classic” Nordic-style cross-country skiing was boring. So I tried its zippy younger brother. Here’s how that went.
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 19:22:46 GMT – This refurbished property inside a landmark building is situated in the center of the city, close to a number of top attractions.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:47:36 GMT – The Thompson Miami Beach hotel, opening Nov. 21, will have a restaurant with a Florida focus.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 21:49:42 GMT – Cyber Monday deals include discounts at hotels ranging from the Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island in Michigan to the Wigwam in Arizona.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 21:50:04 GMT – For years, Church Hill has been a neighborhood to avoid after dark. But these days, the 18th-century enclave has some of the city’s most appealing shops and dining spots.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:34:45 GMT – Cooking tours offer Sicilians a chance to share their culture with visitors who want a taste of it.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 18:58:50 GMT – Shake off the charcoal skies and wet weather to discover colorful art, a vibrant food scene, sweeping views and more during a weekend in the Emerald City.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 01:05:18 GMT – Plans for a 42-story landmark in a somewhat undistinguished part of Paris have raised the alarm for traditionalists who have not approved a new skyscraper in four decades.