Ice Storm Strands Thousands in Ill-Equipped South (nytimes.com)
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:36:25 GMT – A storm deposited less than three inches of snow throughout the Atlanta region, but it left roads impassable, drivers trapped in cars and children stuck in schools.
- Islamic State targeted in 17 air strikes by U.S., allies (reuters.com)
- Russian troops giving 'backbone' to Ukraine rebels: NATO commander (reuters.com)
- Eastern U.S. storm threatens to foil Thanksgiving travel (reuters.com)
- U.N. investigators urge Obama to release CIA report (reuters.com)
- U.S. drone strike in Pakistan kills five suspected militants (reuters.com)
- Romney tops Republican poll for '16; ahead of Clinton in election (reuters.com)
- Slide Show: Got gourmet? 12 Cyber Monday deals for foodies (marketwatch.com)
- Behind the Storefront: Black Friday shopping is not just a U.S. sport (marketwatch.com)
- Europe Markets: European stocks lose steam after 3-day run of wins (marketwatch.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: Congressional talks on tax breaks stall as White House threatens veto (marketwatch.com)
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:16:32 GMT – Deere report solid earnings but offer a weak outlook. Meanwhile, Hertz moves higher after a filing shows that activist investor Carl Icahn has upped his stake in the rental-car company.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:03:27 GMT – Democrats smarting from this year’s midterm losses need to embrace their pro-government roots and refocus on coherent policies to help the middle class, Sen. Charles Schumer of New York said Tuesday, citing the 2010 federal health-care law as a political miscalculation.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:03:54 GMT – U.S. stocks were virtually unchanged on Wednesday as investors assessed a deluge of economic data
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:10:52 GMT – After an outpouring of at least 11 different economic indicators in just two days’ time, here’s what we know now about the U.S. economy.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:56:45 GMT – Football games are by far the most widely watched programs on Thanksgiving, writes Jason Notte.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:13:21 GMT – More arrests were made overnight as protests also spread around the country. In an effort to quell violence in Ferguson, Missouri officials deployed additional National Guard troops.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:17:21 GMT – Hours after the police cleared one of Hong Kong’s busiest shopping streets of encamped protesters on Wednesday, demonstrators gathered in force again.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 02:08:03 GMT – The freed captives were six Yemeni citizens, a Saudi and an Ethiopian, who were unharmed, Yemeni officials said in a statement.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:27 GMT – A Long Island law firm has formed a charity, called Senior Dreams, to help grant the wishes of needy seniors.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:50 GMT – The pace of business activity in the U.S. Midwest slowed in November, a report showed on Wednesday.