Ice Storm Strands Thousands in Ill-Equipped South (nytimes.com)
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:36:25 GMT – A storm deposited less than three inches of snow throughout the Atlanta region, but it left roads impassable, drivers trapped in cars and children stuck in schools.
- Why stocks may be sniffing out inflation (cnbc.com)
- Tesla direct-to-consumer sales ban 'bad policy': FTC (cnbc.com)
- FCC supports transparency in new Internet rules (cnbc.com)
- How to play Apple’s surprise stock split: Analyst (cnbc.com)
- Largest US builder bets on 'bargain' homes (cnbc.com)
- WhatsApp: Facebook's $16B plan to rule the world (cnbc.com)
- High-speed trading makes markets unfair: Survey (cnbc.com)
- Nuclear power looks for new ally—environmentalists (cnbc.com)
- Ukraine forces kills rebels; Russia starts military drills (cnbc.com)
- Real estate prices in Hamptons soar 40% (cnbc.com)
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:03 GMT – In the world of finance, the landscape is likely to be a lot different in 25 years than it is today
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:36 GMT – Anyone who thinks the FCC decision on pricing power is a threat to innovation is obscenely wrong, says Jake Novak.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:00 GMT – Here’s how the wealthiest people may manage their fortunes in 25 years.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:09 GMT – There is a growing market for female gun instructors, according to a report.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:13 GMT – A judge denied a bid by Apple to hold off a trial accusing the company of conspiring with publishers to fix e-book prices.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:26 GMT – The men’s underwear category saw sales grow 4 percent, according to a report.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:30 GMT – Maritime and shipping industries are becoming vulnerable to cyber crime as more devices get hooked up online.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:30 GMT – Amazon’s decision to invest in HBO content may hurt Netflix, but the benefits for content owners are more significant.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:32 GMT – With a new service called Prime Pantry, Amazon is betting that Prime customers will agree to pony up and pay for shipping for some items.
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:33 GMT – Caterpillar’s businesses in China are “doing well,” Chairman and CEO Doug Oberhelman tells CNBC.