Ice Storm Strands Thousands in Ill-Equipped South (nytimes.com)
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:36:25 GMT – A storm deposited less than three inches of snow throughout the Atlanta region, but it left roads impassable, drivers trapped in cars and children stuck in schools.
- Wal-Mart ups holiday staffing; Target, Penney's flat (cnbc.com)
- iPhone 6 global launch kicks off with a bang (cnbc.com)
- Cuomo Presses Legislative Candidates to Back Women’s Equality Act (nytimes.com)
- Bank’s Role in Flagging Terrorists Is Debated (nytimes.com)
- Fear of Ebola Drives Mob to Kill Officials in Guinea (nytimes.com)
- Senate Approves Training And Arming Syrian Rebels (nytimes.com)
- Judge Accused of Assaulting Wife Is Urged to Resign (nytimes.com)
- Under New Plan, Iraq’s Fight Against Militants May Fall to Its Provinces (nytimes.com)
- ‘Happy in Tehran’ Dancers Are Given Suspended Sentences (nytimes.com)
- Border Agency Is Authorized to Open Criminal Inquiries (nytimes.com)
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:56:31 GMT – As Jimmy Carter’s time in office moves further into the past, the questions from Emory freshmen at his annual town hall get less predictable.
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:31:16 GMT – “Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age,” at the Met, is a display of imperial might, and a roll call of states and kingdoms gone.
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 22:26:30 GMT – In the mid-1990s one in four Scots voted for the nationalists, compared with more than 40 percent who supported Labour. Today the referendum on independence is too close to call.
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:05:12 GMT – Democrats have said the ability to mobilize women, particularly those struggling with minimum wage jobs, could determine whether the party holds the Senate
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:16:05 GMT – The Obama administration said 7.3 million of those who enrolled had paid their premiums and still had coverage, the vast majority paying less than $100 a month.
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:21:17 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Congress gave final approval on Thursday to President Barack Obama’s plan for training and arming moderate Syrian rebels to battle Islamic State, a major part of his military campaign to “degrade and destroy” the militant group.
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:25:50 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Senate approved President Barack Obama’s plan for training and arming moderate Syrian rebels to battle Islamic State militants on Thursday, a major part of his military campaign to “degrade and destroy” the radical group.
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 01:11:11 GMT – EDINBURGH (Reuters) – Scots agonized over the fate of their country on Friday after record numbers voted in a divisive independence referendum that could break apart the United Kingdom.
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:19 GMT – Chinese companies hounded by debt obligations accrued over the past few years are grappling with global ratings agencies.
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 22:34:08 GMT – The nation’s biggest do-it-yourself retailer says up to 56 million cards may have been hacked.