Ice Storm Strands Thousands in Ill-Equipped South (nytimes.com)
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:36:25 GMT – A storm deposited less than three inches of snow throughout the Atlanta region, but it left roads impassable, drivers trapped in cars and children stuck in schools.
- Building Blocks: World’s Fair Brought Out Port Authority’s Whimsical Side (nytimes.com)
- For Young Traders, a Market Where Air Jordans Are Blue Chips (nytimes.com)
- Competing Views of Teacher Tenure Are on Display in California Case (nytimes.com)
- Pakistani Taliban End Cease-Fire With Government (nytimes.com)
- Court Deportations Drop 43 Percent in Last Five Years (nytimes.com)
- Yankees 3, Cubs 0 : Tanaka Handles the Cold and Overpowers the Cubs (nytimes.com)
- Type 2 Diabetes Complications Show Sharp Decline, Report Finds (nytimes.com)
- Syrian opposition accuses Assad's forces of new poison gas attack (reuters.com)
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stocks rally; S&P 500 positive for the year (marketwatch.com)
- Earnings Outlook: Goldman Sachs earnings: what investors expect (marketwatch.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:38:51 GMT – New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s office sent its first wave of subpoenas to about a half-dozen high-frequency trading firms in an investigation into whether some rapid-fire firms have an unfair advantage over other trading outfits.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:37:38 GMT – Further growth in General Electric’s order backlog would show whether the company — and the economy — can sustain CEO Jeff Immelt’s push to rebuild its industrial prowess.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 19:39:26 GMT – Bank of America is still reeling from the mortgage meltdown, though there are some bright spots, writes Phil van Doorn.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 19:23:11 GMT – A U.S. government report on Wednesday shows a weekly jump in crude inventories that was over four times more than the market expected, but oil futures still finish a penny higher as concerns over clashes between pro-Russia militants and Ukrainian forces continue to feed worries over global oil supplies.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:07 GMT – IBM posted revenue that was below forecasts as weakness in its storage and server businesses continued to offset gains in its software services.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:10 GMT – American Express Co reported a 12 percent rise in quarterly profit as its credit-card customers spent more in a recovering U.S economy.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:02 GMT – Analysts had expected the company to report earnings excluding items of $6.40 a share on $15.52 billion in revenue.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:00 GMT – The New York attorney general’s office has subpoenaed about a half-dozen high-frequency trading firms, Dow Jones reported.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:49 GMT – From spiced bourbon to a new #nevertamed campaign, here’s what Wild Turkey is doing to capitalize on the bourbon boom.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:27 GMT – Canada’s Silicon Valley is seeing a boom of start-ups after BlackBerry’s meltdown. More than 450 were created last year—four times the 2009 amount.