Ukraine leader heads to China, leaving turmoil at home (reuters.com)
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich flew to China on Tuesday with his government facing uproar in parliament and turmoil on the streets over a decision to spurn closer ties with the European Union under pressure from Russia.
- Weekend Sip: A new brew for IPA lovers (marketwatch.com)
- Home-equity loans make a comeback (marketwatch.com)
- NewsWatch: Here's how the S&P 500 gets to 2,600 next year (marketwatch.com)
- Oil Slick Hints Malaysian Jet May Have Crashed at Sea (nytimes.com)
- Fresh confrontations raise tempers on ground in Crimea (reuters.com)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed (reuters.com)
- Trendspotting: Trends From the Fall 2014 Fashion Shows (nytimes.com)
- Russia’s Move Into Ukraine Said to Be Born in Shadows (nytimes.com)
- Costs Have Piled Up Along With the Snow of a Difficult Winter (nytimes.com)
- After Hours of Searching, No Sign of Malaysia Airlines Plane (nytimes.com)
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 10:16:35 GMT – BEIJING (Reuters) – China declared a “red line” on North Korea on Saturday, saying that China will not permit chaos or war on the Korean peninsula, and that peace can only come through denuclearization.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 11:34:41 GMT – KUALA LUMPUR/HANOI (Reuters) – A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 03:37 GMT – China’s exports in February tumbled 18.1 percent from a year earlier, official data on Saturday showed.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:14 GMT – Ukraine’s acting foreign minister said on Saturday his country would not give up Crimea and would do all in its power to resolve the crisis over the Black Sea peninsula peacefully.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:45:18 GMT – Archaeologists, long kept from their work in Syria, now hear reports of fighting and theft at historical sites and museums.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 02:40:10 GMT – Saudi Arabia’s decree appeared to begin an effort to quell the Muslim Brotherhood, reflecting a divide in the Middle East after the military takeover in Egypt last year.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 03:06:34 GMT – Mamoru Samuragochi, who was hailed as a deaf musical genius, said he knew his deception would be revealed one day.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 08:33:17 GMT – KUALA LUMPUR/HANOI (Reuters) – A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 07:43 GMT – A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea, presumed crashed, as ships near its flight path searched for wreckage.
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 04:08:53 GMT – A dispute over a classified C.I.A. report has led to a bitter fight between the agency and the Senate Intelligence Committee, with each side accusing the other of spying on it.