Ukraine leader heads to China, leaving turmoil at home (reuters.com)
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich flew to China on Tuesday with his government facing uproar in parliament and turmoil on the streets over a decision to spurn closer ties with the European Union under pressure from Russia.
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stocks: Futures flatten ahead of ADP employment, ISM (marketwatch.com)
- Movers & Shakers: Tekmira, GM, Ford in spotlight Wednesday (marketwatch.com)
- Germany a fresh source of weakness as eurozone PMI falls to 50.3 (marketwatch.com)
- Matthew Lynn's London Eye: Next big threat to markets: Higher corporate taxes (marketwatch.com)
- London Markets: Supermarkets Sainsbury, Tesco under pressure in London (marketwatch.com)
- Outside the Box: 4 ways U.S. companies can move this country forward (marketwatch.com)
- Futures Movers: Crude oil rebounds slightly after overnight slump (marketwatch.com)
- Snoop Dogg helps Reddit raise $50M in funding (cnbc.com)
- Prospect of Rousseff re-election spooks Brazil markets (cnbc.com)
- As Wild Horses Overrun the West, Ranchers Fear Land Will Be Gobbled Up (nytimes.com)
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:02:49 GMT –
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 22:06:34 GMT – The composer Chou Wen-chung, 91, who will be honored with a Composer Portrait at the Miller Theater on Thursday, has devoted his career to bridging East and West.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:39:25 GMT – KARACHI Pakistan/ISLAMABAD (Reuters) – Months after Owais Jakhrani was sacked from the Pakistan navy for radical Islamist views, he led an audacious mission to take over a warship and turn its guns on a U.S. naval vessel in the open seas.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 04:55 GMT – Protesters thronged the streets of Hong Kong on the anniversary of the founding of the PRC, ratcheting up pressure on Beijing.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:09 GMT – The Japanese government has selected JP Morgan among the 11 underwriters for a planned IPO of state-owned Japan Post.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:10 GMT – Here’s a look at the most compelling images from protests in Hong Kong.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:31:26 GMT – The dollar breached a huge line in the sand against the yen in Asia, but strategists say a dovish ECB could bring it down again.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:46:38 GMT – Crude-oil futures rebound some after suffering the biggest one-day drop in nearly 23 months.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:52:29 GMT – Gold started the fourth quarter where it ended to the third, and that’s in the dumps.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 03:00 GMT – The pressure builds for Beijing as protesters have set a Wednesday deadline for demands to be met.