Ukraine leader heads to China, leaving turmoil at home (reuters.com)
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich flew to China on Tuesday with his government facing uproar in parliament and turmoil on the streets over a decision to spurn closer ties with the European Union under pressure from Russia.
- Two Former Senior Murdoch Editors Charged Over UK Phone-Hacking (nytimes.com)
- With Urbanization as Goal, China Moves to Change Registration Rules (nytimes.com)
- ArtsBeat: James Wolcott and Frank Bidart Among 2014 PEN American Winners (nytimes.com)
- Ukraine Welcomes Sanctions Against Russia (nytimes.com)
- In Search of the Next Andrew Wiggins (nytimes.com)
- Lens Blog: Confronting Sexuality and Identity in China (nytimes.com)
- U.S. economy bounces back strongly in second (reuters.com)
- U.S. private sector adds 218,000 jobs in July: ADP (reuters.com)
- Moscow says 'short-sighted' sanctions will aggravate Russia-U.S. ties (reuters.com)
- Moscovici says confident will have important economic role in EU Commission (reuters.com)
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:57:18 GMT – (Reuters) – Shares of Twitter Inc were set to soar on Wednesday as surprisingly strong user growth eased investor concerns that the popularity of the micro-messaging site was waning.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:50:20 GMT – MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russia announced a ban on most fruit and vegetable imports from Poland on Wednesday and said it may extend the restrictions to the rest of the European Union, its first apparent retaliation to new Western sanctions imposed over Ukraine a day earlier.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:17:38 GMT – BEIJING (Reuters) – Two influential former Chinese leaders gave their consent for President Xi Jinping to investigate ex-domestic security chief Zhou Yongkang, sources told Reuters, a sign the corruption probe will not open a rift in the ruling Communist Party.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:25:44 GMT – NLRB decision will allow franchise workers to treat McDonald’s as ‘joint employer.’
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:30:17 GMT – Someday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg may be the richest person in the world, writes Jon Friedman.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:18:36 GMT – Twitter, Garmin and ADT all benefited for positive earnings reports.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:25:52 GMT – Russia’s financial markets are shrugging off new restrictions in Wednesday’s trade as investors welcome that the country’s gas sector avoided sanctions.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:32:38 GMT – Deal includes meningitis, tick-borne encephalitis vaccines.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:00 GMT – Truck companies are banking on the safety features of their vehicles as a selling point.
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:17 GMT – McDonald’s and its franchisees can be held liable in complaints that the company violated employee rights, an official at the U.S. NLRB said.