Ukraine leader heads to China, leaving turmoil at home (reuters.com)
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich flew to China on Tuesday with his government facing uproar in parliament and turmoil on the streets over a decision to spurn closer ties with the European Union under pressure from Russia.
- Russia says will cooperate with MH17 probe led by Netherlands (reuters.com)
- Missing Air Algerie flight has crashed: Algerian aviation official (reuters.com)
- Jobless claims fall to lowest level since early 2006 (reuters.com)
- Russian court finds Putin foes guilty of inciting mass riots (reuters.com)
- GM's profit falls on recall costs, victims' compensation fund (reuters.com)
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest (reuters.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: American Airlines profit climbs, unveils capital plan (marketwatch.com)
- Movers & Shakers: Facebook surges; TripAdvisor, Dunkin’ tumble (marketwatch.com)
- Europe Markets: EasyJet, Kingfisher fall; Europe’s stocks on the move (marketwatch.com)
- Greenspan says bubbles can’t be stopped without ‘crunch’ (marketwatch.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:01:41 GMT – Upbeat results from Facebook were among the drivers for positive stock-future action, while Ford and other blue chips are ready to report.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:30:56 GMT – Corporate tax inversions will continue until Congress fixes the unsustainable way the U.S. taxes corporate earnings, writes Eric Toder of the Tax Policy Center.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:15:48 GMT – Make international travel a reality — on any budget.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:30:28 GMT – A smartwatch could help the company get out of the doldrums, writes Therese Poletti.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:04 GMT – President Obama will call for an end to a loophole that allows companies to avoid taxes by shifting their tax domiciles overseas.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:40 GMT – Obama’s push to deter U.S. firms from buying foreign companies for tax purposes will make several deals less attractive.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:41 GMT – Authorities have lost contact with an Air Algerie flight en route from Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso to Algiers with 110 passengers on board.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:52 GMT – Ford Motor reported quarterly earnings that beat analysts’ expectations on Thursday.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:59 GMT – Wages have remained stagnant, and this is “the missing link in this whole economic recovery,” economist Joel Naroff said.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:31 GMT – Caterpillar reported quarterly earnings that blew past Wall Street’s expectations on Thursday, yet revenue fell short of estimates.