Ukraine leader heads to China, leaving turmoil at home (reuters.com)
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich flew to China on Tuesday with his government facing uproar in parliament and turmoil on the streets over a decision to spurn closer ties with the European Union under pressure from Russia.
- Sony posts loss, but not as bad as expected (cnbc.com)
- Japan central bank shocks market with fresh easing (marketwatch.com)
- Ex-Apple CEO Sculley launches smartphone brand (cnbc.com)
- Wal-Mart bringing Black Friday to Halloween weekend (cnbc.com)
- BOJ surprises with fresh stimulus, Nikkei surges 5% (cnbc.com)
- AB InBev profit rise capped by US and Brazil (cnbc.com)
- Mexico City Journal: Halloween Creeps In Where Local Tradition Ruled the Living and Dead (nytimes.com)
- In New York Attorney General Debate, Cahill and Schneiderman Clash Over Ethics and Integrity (nytimes.com)
- Sunni Tribesmen Say ISIS Exacts Brutal Revenge (nytimes.com)
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt (reuters.com)
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:58 GMT – Volcafe, one of the world’s leading coffee merchants, is betting on Chinese coffee beans.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 03:01:40 GMT – Why the relentless Halloween horror story, every year, why the midterm madness? Fear oozes from media. Nasty news. Creepy cable. In desperate times like these, truth is rare.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 03:15:19 GMT – Hong Kong student leaders are considering taking their demands for democracy to Chinese leaders in Beijing next month when China plays host to the high-profile APEC global summit, a move that would represent a significant escalation of protests.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 03:36:17 GMT – The Japanese telecom and technology giant is taking a hard look at wireless assets that have been put up for sale by América Móvil, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 03:05 GMT – Obi Mobiles, the new kid on the smartphone block, was launched by co-founder and former Apple CEO John Sculley in Singapore on Thursday.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 04:13 GMT – Add a new concern for high-yield bonds: ownership of some companies’ issuance is concentrated with just a few fund managers.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:16:42 GMT – Mr. Anderson led the company through one of history’s most lethal industrial accidents, when thousands were killed in a gas leak at its plant in India.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:22:02 GMT – After her training partner died of a heart attack, Buzunesh Deba, who is a favorite in Sunday’s race, had to work through her grief to allow her focus to return to running.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:49:22 GMT – The number of homeless people across the country fell this year, but in New York City the homeless population continued to swell, according to an annual federal survey.
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 02:34:35 GMT – A former Navy SEAL who wrote a best seller about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden is under criminal investigation for disclosing classified material.