Ukraine leader heads to China, leaving turmoil at home (reuters.com)
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich flew to China on Tuesday with his government facing uproar in parliament and turmoil on the streets over a decision to spurn closer ties with the European Union under pressure from Russia.
- Metals Stocks: Gold slips ahead of Fed minutes (marketwatch.com)
- Market Extra: Upbeat Maersk an encouraging sign for U.S., global growth (marketwatch.com)
- London Markets: FTSE breaks 5-day winning streak ahead of BOE report (marketwatch.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: St. Louis police fatally shoot man, raising fears of more unrest (marketwatch.com)
- Economic Preview: BOE dissent could hold clues to rate hike (marketwatch.com)
- Currencies: Dollar hits multi-month highs on U.S.-economy optimism (marketwatch.com)
- Argentina allows debt swap to dodge US court order (cnbc.com)
- Donald Trump faces snail fight for golfing heaven (cnbc.com)
- Mob boss calls a stock bubble (cnbc.com)
- ISIS militants claim to execute American journalist (cnbc.com)
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:13:31 GMT – While French police have refused to release his identify, the French news media reported that it was Prince Abdul Aziz, 41, who was ambushed by gunmen in a Hollywood-style robbery.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 01:44:21 GMT – At 5 feet 6, the Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve is one of two shortest players in Major League Baseball, but he was leading all players in batting average and hits.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 05:26:17 GMT – A regulator fined 10 of 12 companies a total of $200 million, a record for China. The fines coincided with deteriorating relations between Tokyo and Beijing.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:11:51 GMT – Since legislation failed on Capitol Hill, immigrant advocacy groups have turned their focus on the president, demanding that he halt most deportations.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 06:29:40 GMT – (Reuters) – Hackers who stole the personal data of about 4.5 million patients of hospital group Community Health Systems Inc broke into the company’s computer system by exploiting the “Heartbleed” internet bug, making it the first known large-scale cyber attack using the flaw, according to a security expert.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 06:34:32 GMT – HIROSHIMA (Reuters) – At least 27 people, including several children, were killed in Japan on Wednesday, when landslides triggered by torrential rain slammed into the outskirts of the western city of Hiroshima, and the toll was likely to rise, police said.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 06:20:03 GMT – FERGUSON Mo. (Reuters) – Police in Ferguson, Missouri, braced for another night of racially charged unrest on Tuesday as the governor and U.S. attorney general renewed appeals for calm 10 days after the fatal shooting of black teenager Michael Brown.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 05:22:58 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Mike Yack has left the workforce twice in the last eight years and calls himself retired, yet at age 62 the former General Motors employee does not consider his working life over.
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 23:51 GMT – Japan exports rose 3.9 percent in July from the year ago period, data showed on Wednesday.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 03:25 GMT – India’s stock markets came back from Independence Day celebrations this week roaring to new life-time highs, and analysts are calling for more gains to come.