Ukraine leader heads to China, leaving turmoil at home (reuters.com)
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich flew to China on Tuesday with his government facing uproar in parliament and turmoil on the streets over a decision to spurn closer ties with the European Union under pressure from Russia.
- OECD says BOJ inflation goal hard to meet (cnbc.com)
- Kiwi stocks cheer election result, but headwinds loom (cnbc.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: EMC weighs merger, other options (marketwatch.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: Microsoft delays Xbox One’s China launch without explanation (marketwatch.com)
- China uses Internet search to compile key data (marketwatch.com)
- Caixin Online: China state media see rare internal fight … over rate cuts (marketwatch.com)
- Alibaba the biggest-ever IPO after more shares sold (cnbc.com)
- Which tech entrepreneur do you most admire? (cnbc.com)
- Taking a Call for Climate Change to the Streets (nytimes.com)
- From Pole to Pulpit, a Strip Club and a Church Do Battle (nytimes.com)
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 02:25:49 GMT – The giant engineering conglomerate will pay $83 a share for the Houston-based Dresser-Rand Group, giving Siemens a major presence in the American energy sector.
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 02:31:52 GMT – The orbiter, called Maven, will keep tabs on a comet passing by and analyze the planet’s upper atmosphere to learn how it has changed.
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 00:45:17 GMT – The family whose legendary wealth flowed from Standard Oil is planning to rid its $860 million Rockefeller Brothers Fund of investments in companies trading in nonrenewable energy.
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 20:14:45 GMT – “Mighty Real” is a slender but musically vibrant show about the androgynous pop star Sylvester.
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:04 GMT – Google’s problems in China just got worse. The NYT reports.
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:53:51 GMT – German engineering giant Siemens is slated to announce as soon as Monday a multibillion-dollar deal to acquire U.S. oil-equipment maker Dresser-Rand Group, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 07:13 GMT – The G-20 leading nations are close to adding $2 trillion to the global economy, but Europe’s stagnation remains a major stumbling block.
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 07:33 GMT – Christine Lagarde, managing director of the IMF, is confident that the G-20 will achieve their growth target.
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 00:56:53 GMT – The People’s Climate March was a spectacle even for a city known for doing things big, and it was joined, in solidarity, by demonstrations on Sunday across the globe, from Paris to Papua New Guinea.
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:01:49 GMT – The Giants played proficiently and resourcefully on both sides of the line of scrimmage, with the new-look offense running the ball more effectively and the defense forcing three turnovers.