Ukraine leader heads to China, leaving turmoil at home (reuters.com)
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT – KIEV (Reuters) – Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich flew to China on Tuesday with his government facing uproar in parliament and turmoil on the streets over a decision to spurn closer ties with the European Union under pressure from Russia.
- Amid Politics, Obama Drifted Away From Kin (nytimes.com)
- Russia Warns Ukraine of Potential Military Response (nytimes.com)
- Thousands More Inmates Eligible for Clemency Under Justice Dept. Plan (nytimes.com)
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery (reuters.com)
- Boeing posts higher adjusted profit, lifts 2014 forecast (reuters.com)
- The Wall Street Journal: Bieber blunders into China-Japan war-shrine debate (marketwatch.com)
- Movers & Shakers: Delta, Boeing shares take off; Plug Power drops (marketwatch.com)
- NewsWatch: U.S. sends troops near Russia as Ukraine tensions build (marketwatch.com)
- Indications: U.S. stock futures pause after six-session win streak (marketwatch.com)
- Metals Stocks: Gold rebounds from 3-week low on Ukraine worries (marketwatch.com)
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:00:06 GMT – Out of work without an education? Don’t despair — you already know all you need to know, writes Rex Nutting.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:00:06 GMT – The Federal Reserve’s low-interest rates have cost savers three-quarters of a trillion dollars, writes Al Lewis.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:26:50 GMT – European stocks slip, with Ericsson among the decliners pulling the region’s benchmark index back from its hefty gain in the previous session.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:32 GMT – Delta saw its profit surge last quarter, as passengers defied the brutal winter and flocked to the aircraft carrier.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:49 GMT – Names on the move ahead of the open.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:00 GMT – Boeing reported quarterly earnings and revenue that beat analysts’ expectations on Wednesday.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:01 GMT – Toyota kept its position at the top in global vehicle sales for the first quarter, outpacing GM and Volkswagen.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:16 GMT – Procter & Gamble reported a higher quarterly profit on Wednesday, helped by an increase in sales of its home care products.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:16 GMT – Bill Ackman tells CNBC that Allergan’s poison-pill defense doesn’t make his takeover bid more difficult.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:30 GMT – Obama says Washington welcomes China’s rise but engagement with Beijing would not come at the expense of Asian allies.