- Ackman's Pershing Square raises $3 billion in fund listing (reuters.com)
- DealBook: Ackman Fund Raises More Than $3 Billion in Amsterdam I.P.O. (nytimes.com)
- Bits Blog: German Regulator Warns Google Over Collecting Users’ Data (nytimes.com)
- As PayPal Spins Off, Apple Pay Signals New Era at Cash Register (nytimes.com)
- You’re the Boss Blog: How to Be an Entrepreneur, and Stay Married (nytimes.com)
- Did Starbucks start a pumpkin boom? (cnn.com)
- Ford's rosy 2020 outlook hinges on new F-150, Lincoln (reuters.com)
- SocGen says 'nothing to expect' soon on U.S. sanctions probe (reuters.com)
- Adidas seeks to placate investors with share buyback (reuters.com)
- Lackluster factory data hits world stocks, dollar up (reuters.com)
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 05:01:32 -0500 – Oracle Corp.’s bear hug of cloud computing could be a big test for the sales mettle of newly appointed chief executives Mark Hurd and Safra Catz, and the company’s growing sales team, writes Therese Poletti.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 05:01:26 -0500 – Raymond James financial advisor Sacha Millstone provides an analysis of robo-advisors.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 04:50:00 -0500 – If new data are correct, housing economist Thomas Lawler says more households are “doubled-up.” And he can’t pin this on adult children moving back home.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 04:45:00 -0500 – One analyst thinks this year’s gains are just about locked in.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 08:08:01 GMT – The Financial Stability Board’s recommendation that the period for setting currency rates be extended from one minute to five comes in the wake of investigations into market manipulation.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 04:29:11 GMT – TOKYO (Reuters) – Big Japanese manufacturers were slightly more optimistic in the third quarter but service-sector sentiment worsened, a central bank survey showed, adding to signs that a solid…
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:04:56 GMT – BANGKOK (Reuters) – Thailand’s military government has approved stimulus measures worth more than 100 billion baht ($3 billion) to boost the country’s stuttering economy, the prime minister said on…
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:41:21 GMT – PARIS (Reuters) – France laid down the gauntlet to EU partners on Wednesday with a 2015 budget setting out how it would bring its borrowing back to within EU limits two years later than promised, a…
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:37:22 GMT – TOKYO (Reuters) – Asian shares slumped on Wednesday as continued civil unrest in Hong Kong and a downbeat day on Wall Street sapped confidence, while the dollar index was close to a four-year high after marking its best quarterly gain in six years.
Wed, 01 Oct 2014 05:38:47 GMT – SYDNEY (Reuters) – Factory activity stumbled across much of Asia in September, with slowdowns in India, Japan and Taiwan and an outright decline in South Korea delivering a setback to hopes for a pick in world growth this year.