- NBC's Dr. Nancy Snyderman to resume work in November (cnn.com)
- World Series strikes out with lowest Game 1 ratings in history (cnn.com)
- UK consumer confidence tumbles in October on job insecurity: survey (reuters.com)
- Talent shortage drives pay up in UK financial services, tech sectors (reuters.com)
- Venezuela says to avoid costly foreign borrowing (reuters.com)
- Mexico 'optimistic' of reaching deal with U.S. on sugar trade row (reuters.com)
- Exclusive: Argentina to agree export of more 2013-14 wheat – sources (reuters.com)
- U.S. court tosses Argentina appeal over funds held by BNY Mellon (reuters.com)
- Juncker defends decision on French, British EU commissioners (reuters.com)
- U.S. prosecutors probe Takata Corp over statements: WSJ (reuters.com)
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:52:41 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – U.S. stocks erased earlier gains to close lower on Wednesday as a shooting at the Canadian parliament unnerved investors, Boeing and Biogen sold off following results, and energy stocks fell along with oil prices.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:28:44 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – AT&T Inc on Wednesday reported a rise in quarterly revenue, but the increase was less than Wall Street expected as a wave of subscribers plugged into the network using pre-purchased devices.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:21:03 GMT – The tech giant has succeeded in ensuring that its phones, tablets and computers work seamlessly together. You might never leave.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:30:44 GMT – Strong customer growth suggests that a price-cutting war in the wireless industry is not eroding AT&T’s business.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:46:40 GMT – The company said that the deferred production cost for its Dreamliner jets rose, and could go higher.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:42:29 GMT – Is franchising a scam? A start-up gets a valuation of $2 billion. Should car manufacturers be allowed to sell directly to consumers?
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:22:36 GMT – Or does one person ultimately have to have final say?
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:43:11 GMT – (Reuters) – If companies ran Christmas the way they run their earnings announcements, Santa Claus would usually come early, but when he is late, watch out!
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 20:47:54 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. securities regulators adopted a rule on Wednesday designed to avert another financial crisis, but two officials dissented, saying it did not do enough to discourage banks from lending to borrowers with shaky credit and then passing the mortgage risk to investors.
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 20:33:20 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – AT&T Inc said on Wednesday its quarterly revenue rose but by less than wall street anticipated as a wave of subscribers signed up for equipment financing plans that charge lower service fees.