- Audio: A week stuffed with economic reports, led by jobs (marketwatch.com)
- Audio: Automakers' websites aim to sharpen Cupid's arrows (marketwatch.com)
- Jeff Reeves's Strength in Numbers: Take on more debt — it’s the American way (marketwatch.com)
- Michael Sincere's Long-Term Trader: Stock trader who called three crashes sees 20% collapse (marketwatch.com)
- Drought hits China food production: Xinhua (reuters.com)
- Commerzbank to cut over 450 more jobs in savings plan: sources (reuters.com)
- GM's Korean unit reaches tentative wage deal to avert strike (reuters.com)
- Court orders Russia to pay some $50 billion in damages to Yukos shareholders (reuters.com)
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions (reuters.com)
- Verdict on Yukos Seizure Awaited, and Fed Expected to Further Reduce Bond Buying (nytimes.com)
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 07:33:53 GMT – An on-going internal investigation conducted by OSI Group LLC into its unit, the scandal-hit Chinese food supplier Shanghai Husi Food Co Ltd, has revealed that standards were below par.
Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:01:37 EDT – There are no Big Macs. There are no Chicken McNuggets. The menu at McDonald’s restaurants in China was much slimmer on Monday after a troubled supplier issued a major recall.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 01:39:46 EDT – China is the world’s hottest market for business travelers, and spending in the country could surpass the U.S. as soon as 2015, according to a new report.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 04:53:28 GMT – BEIJING (Reuters) – China’s Commerce Ministry castigated the United States on Monday for setting new import duties on Chinese solar products, saying Washington’s actions risked damaging the industry in both countries.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 05:12:32 GMT – MOSCOW (Reuters) – Shareholders in defunct oil giant Yukos won a court battle against Russia in one of the largest-ever commercial legal cases, in which Moscow must pay $50 billion for expropriating the assets, Kommersant daily said, citing unnamed sources.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 05:36:49 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – Pfizer Inc’s vulnerability to cheaper generics and its weak roster of experimental medicines will be on display Tuesday when the company reports quarterly earnings, reviving interest in its pursuit of AstraZeneca Plc or other deals to fortify its pipeline.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 02:04:45 GMT – Agencies like Planet Hospital in California that match surrogacy clinics with intended parents are often rife with fraud and mismanagement.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 02:49:48 GMT – TOKYO (Reuters) – Asian stocks shrugged off a drop in Wall Street and hovered near three-year highs on Monday, with China taking the lead after data showed a robust jump in profits earned by industrial firms in the world’s second-largest economy.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 03:14:07 GMT – (Reuters) – Bain Capital’s credit arm, Sankaty Advisors, is buying the debt portfolio of JPMorgan’s principal investment group for more than $1 billion, the Financial Times reported.
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 02:41:14 GMT – BEIJING (Reuters) – JD.com Inc, China’s second-biggest e-commerce company by market share, will accept pre-orders for Microsoft Corp’s Xbox One games console in China from July 28 to July 30, the firm said on Monday.