- One Chinese company makes one-third of the world's cigarettes (cnn.com)
- U.S. EPA: We need tougher ozone standards (cnn.com)
- Don't panic! OPEC not ready to reverse oil price slide (cnn.com)
- Saudis signal no push for oil cut as market to 'stabilize itself' (reuters.com)
- Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing: U.S. lawsuit (reuters.com)
- Bitcoin exchange Kraken to help in Mt. Gox bankruptcy (reuters.com)
- British insurer Aviva to shut $2 billion fund of hedge funds unit (reuters.com)
- Thomas Cook hit by shock CEO departure, slowing growth (reuters.com)
- ECB outlook lifts Europe shares, Australian dollar sags (reuters.com)
- Juncker unveils investment plan to kick start EU growth (reuters.com)
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:39:30 GMT – SEOUL (Reuters) – South Korea’s Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Wednesday announced a $2 billion share buyback plan, its first since 2007, following investor calls for higher returns against a backdrop of rapidly declining profits.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:02:46 GMT – VIENNA (Reuters) – Impromptu talks between Saudi Arabia, fellow OPEC member Venezuela and oil powers Russia and Mexico yielded no agreement on Tuesday on how to address a growing oil glut, ending without any plan to cut output despite a collapse in prices.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 06:51:20 GMT – TOKYO (Reuters) – Asian stocks edged up on Wednesday after upbeat U.S. economic growth data calmed investor anxiety over a deteriorating global outlook, while the Australian dollar languished near four-year lows against the dollar.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 06:59:15 GMT – HIROSHIMA, Japan (Reuters) – A Bank of Japan board member who voted for last month’s huge monetary expansion defended the move on Wednesday, saying that failing to act would have cast doubt on the bank’s determination to hit its price goal and undermined its credibility.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 07:48:00 GMT – LONDON (Reuters) – British holiday company Thomas Cook said its chief executive Harriet Green was stepping down, two years after leading a turnaround of the group, and would be replaced by chief operating officer Peter Fankhauser.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 04:32:18 GMT – (Reuters) – Discover Financial Services Inc sued Visa Inc on Tuesday, alleging the world’s largest cards company has been using anti-competitive practices in its debit card business, and sought compensation for lost profit, court documents showed.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 00:25:34 GMT – WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democrats in Congress on Tuesday vowed to reject an emerging Republican effort to split immigration-related funding from a full-year government spending bill that avoids a…
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 02:39:46 GMT – BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) – Argentina’s President Cristina Fernandez returned to the public stage in fighting form on Tuesday after a 3-week break due to an infection, declaring in a speech to…
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:57:45 EST – “The Suze Orman Show” is ending on CNBC, and its host has her sights set on a new television home.
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 01:36:07 GMT – The president, saying that an emerging agreement to extend a number of existing tax cuts favored corporations over the middle class, delivered a setback to negotiations that have already been divisive.