- How companies shrink their tax bills (cnn.com)
- 2008: Worse than the Great Depression? (cnn.com)
- DealBook: Lending Club, Leader in Peer-to-Peer, Plans I.P.O. (nytimes.com)
- DealBook: Alibaba Profit and Mobile Revenue Soar Again as I.P.O. Nears (nytimes.com)
- DealBook: Wall St. Prosecutors Bare Their Teeth, but Still Lack Bite (nytimes.com)
- The New Health Care: Medicare: Not Such a Budget-Buster Anymore (nytimes.com)
- Time Warner Cable Says Outages Largely Resolved (nytimes.com)
- You’re the Boss Blog: Today in Small Business: The Knee Defender (nytimes.com)
- A (Very) Basic Twitch User’s Guide (nytimes.com)
- GM to make Mexico-built Cadillac SRX crossover in Tennessee (reuters.com)
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:23:06 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – U.S. stocks remained flat near record levels on Wednesday and while overall trading was thin, a number of retail stocks attracted outsized action after reporting results.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:15:07 GMT – WILMINGTON Del. (Reuters) – Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc and activist investor William Ackman got their request for an expedited trial on Wednesday over the timing of a special meeting of Allergan Inc shareholders, a key to their $49 billion hostile takeover fight.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:00:19 EDT – The company behind Jack Daniel’s whiskey is under pressure in Russia as Cold War-style tensions make it increasingly difficult for Western brands to operate.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:09:12 EDT – Read full story for latest details.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:52:39 EDT – Read full story for latest details.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:19:19 GMT – NEW YORK (Reuters) – Investors in U.S.-based funds poured $2.6 billion into stock funds in the week ended Aug. 20 on a rebound in risk appetite, data from the Investment Company Institute showed on…
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:08:21 GMT – The new projections still suggest a significant improvement on the previous fiscal year, when the government posted a $680 billion deficit.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:50:01 GMT – Results from Tiffany & Company beat expectations and the stock was moving higher.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:48:34 GMT – With foreign investment falling, inland provinces are in a cutthroat competition to attract local industries.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:21:04 GMT – Time Warner Cable said Wednesday service was largely restored after a problem that occurred during routine maintenance caused a nationwide outage of its Internet service for hours.